Holton Bass Trombones
Holton TR181 Professional Bass Trombone
This instrument has the reputation of having established the true bass trombone sound. The red brass bell has been styled to maintain a consistent, warm timbre at low and high dynamic levels. The unique G/Gb attachment can be reconfigured to the player’s taste for setting up low C and B natural when desired. The bore design assures proper reinforcement of the lower partials.
- Key: Bb Bore: 14.27 mm (.562")
- Bell: 10.0" diameter hand-hammered red brass with wire-reinforced rim
- Rotor mechanism: In-line independent dual triggers with ball-and- socket linkage
- Attachment: Traditional wrap with F tuning and G/Gb slide
- Tuning slide: Nickel silver outside slide and brass inside slide with brass bow
- Hand slide: Chrome-plated nickel silver with seamless inner slide and integral chamfered stocking. Nickel silver outside slide.
- Finish: Clear baked epoxy lacquer
- Mouthpiece: 1 1/2 G
- Case: Deluxe wood shell